Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Green Beans and New Bath Toys

So, as it turns out Norah hates green beans. Which is particularly annoying because green beans took a long damn time to make. I added some apple to the beans hoping that would help, but it was a no go. I added carrots to another spoonful of beans (she loves carrots), but she continued to spit them out. According to the big, bad, baby food book (Super Baby Foods, don't read it, it's the devil), if a kid doesn't like a particular food you should dump a little on their tray and let them play with it, get it on their hands, etc. So, I gave her the bowl and madness ensued.


Because I am stupid and got her terry cloth bibs, I have been doing loads of laundry with bibs every day. I finally wised up a little and got her a few plasticky ones that wipe right off. She hated it. She tried to pull it off and then hang herself with it.


I got a bunch of super cute (and naked) pictures of her in the bath tonight with her new rubber ducky, but BVZ is afraid that if perverts google 'naked baby pictures' they will somehow get directed to this blog. I appreciate his concern, so I am respecting his decision (I feel I have to defer to him on this one, since I did post pictures of him shirtless on the elliptical).

Every night that BVZ makes it home before 7:00, we tag team her bath. The usual bath song is 'splish splash Norie's takin' a bath'. We are bad parents and never bothered to get her any bath toys (Grandma Geri got her a great boat that we're saving for the move to the big person tub). Last week I threw in a little plastic lobster because she wouldn't stop sucking on her wash cloth and needed a distraction. At the exact same time BVZ and I both started singing the B-52's song 'Rock Lobster'. And neither one of us knew any of the words except 'Rock Lobster'.

Ah, soul mates....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Funny, our bath song is "Splish slash little Emma in the bath!"

Ave said...

I HATED the Super Baby Foods book. I checked it out from my hippie happy parenting store to see if I wanted to buy it, but the author kind of drove me nuts. Her folksy attitude makes me want to kick her. I will not be making my own rice cereal or feeding my baby dessicated liver, thank you very much.

The GVZs said...

Ave--the best baby food book is the Petit Appetit (the book you gave me). It's awesome. No recipes for Super Baby Porridge anywhere!