Friday, October 17, 2008

I got my baby back, baby back, baby back, baby back....

Last night Norah the Wonder Baby slept from 9 pm, to 7:30 am, with just a quick rousing at 4 am for some grub. I don't want to jinx ourselves, but I think the dreaded 'Four Month Wakeful Period' might be over. She isn't quite 4 months yet, but I like to think she is rather advanced. I, on the other hand, did not fare as well last night. I went to bed at around 10 pm, only to be awakened by BVZ crawling in at 2 am. Sadly, he wasn't even doing anything fun, but was at work. I then proceeded to be WIDE AWAKE from 2 am to about 5:30 am, part of me just waiting for Norah to wake up and wail. I feel as though I could have been a lyric in an Alanis Morrissette song...

Anyway, in brighter news, we got a 'crib soother' yesterday which plays music, lights up, and has a plastic fish swimming around in it. Norah will actually stay in her baby jail for more than 30 seconds while it is on. We tried it out at nap time yesterday and she actually slept in the crib for 17 minutes. At bed time she lasted 42 minutes. Baby steps people, baby steps.

And here is a picture of Loretta stalking Norah's room. Loretta has been driving me bonkers lately. She can't stay out of the crib, off of the playmat, or out of Norah's face. She scratches everything that she senses the baby has anything to do with and has her hair everywhere. For anyone who has had to change a crib sheet, you know what a nightmare cat in the crib is. I am trying to be patient with her, but my tolerance is wearing thin. BVZ warns her every morning to behave and that he fears when he gets home I will be wearing a Loretta-skin hat. It isn't outside the realm of possibility.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can I get a crib soother? That looks hypnotic. :)