Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Why Do You Wear Pajamas? It's Mad!

Norah and I enjoy You Tube very much. We find little gems there all of the time. Of course, things are not always what they seem-there are lots of parodies out there and while absolutely hilarious, are not always appropriate for little eyes. On more than one occasion we have accidentally clicked on an Elmo gangsta rap. Anyway, there is a great Sesame skit with Elmo and Ricky Gervais where the latter sings the former a bed time song. I love Ricky Gervais something fierce. We are big fans of the original Office and Extras around here. Anyway, the previously mentioned skit linked us to this little piece of hilarity. Pay attention to what Ricky says right around the 38 second mark. It is so true. Why do fictional characters, who are naked all other times, wear pajamas to bed? Check out any Curious George story when he's in bed. Always pajamas. Why??? It's just like the fact that Donald Duck wears a shirt and no pants all of the time. Gross.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I love, love, love, love, love the Elmo skit where Ricky Gervais is singing Elmo a lullaby and he keeps breaking out into loud rock n roll. It's my favorite.

meganastone said...

My favorite is Feist sings 1, 2, 3, 4. I think I like it more than Ruby!

JM said...

I wonder how long you have until Norm asks what Necrophilia and the Holocaust are...

Maryellen said...

That is awesome. Thanks so much for posting that. As soon as John stops watching the futbol game he dvr'd today I'm going to show it to him.

aileen said...

I also love the Ricky Gervais skit where he sings a loud rock n roll lullaby and the Feist 1,2,3,4. Ricky Gervais is so funny.

In fact, I think I enjoy Sesame Street more than Caleb. HA!

Jennifer said...

I love me some Ricky Gervais too. He is awesome. I think they have to wear pajamas so we know it's bedtime. I don't get the top only, no bottoms - that's weird. No one wears a top with no bottoms.