Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Stats

Norah had her TWO year well-child visit yesterday. Here are her stats:

Height: 34 1/4 inches (67%)
Weight: 26.25 (43%)
Head: Still in the 90% (I don't even bother to pay attention to the number)

This was the most in proportion she's been in height and weight since birth. Usually her height is way higher than her weight, so it's nice to see that she's evening out. I was thrilled she was over 26 lbs. I was especially thrilled that she waited to take a giant poop in the doctor's office until after she was weighed.

In all other respects she looks perfect. Her pediatrician is very impressed with her verbal ability (while we were there she said 'Daddy gave me Buzz (Lightyear) for Nanor's special day!); her gross motor skills (she demonstrated her excellent jumping); and her fine motor skills (the child can put on any pair of shoes-usually on the right feet-and buckle them).

I can't adequately describe with words how extraordinary she is. She's funny and kind and compassionate and loving. She's smart and curious and devious and stubborn. She has entered the 'what's this?' and 'what's that?' stage. I imagine I will regret saying so in a few months, but I love, love, love it.

Norah celebrated her actual birthday by getting taken to a fancy big girl lunch by Pamma, and then by watching Monsters, Inc. and snuggling on the couch with us. The day couldn't have been better.

No comments: