Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Table and Chairs

Norah has taken over the entire house. Granted, it is a small house, but damn. She's got a lot of stuff. In an effort to get our living room back, I decided to convert the sun room to a play room. And any good play room has a kid-sized table and chairs.

I found a simple set at IKEA on the cheap. BVZ and I put it together one night and didn't kill each other.
Norah absolutely loves it, but I thought it was a little too plain for a girl with her kind of personality. Then I remembered that BabyKaboom made a plain table into something completely awesome with a coat of paint and some decals. I spent about 4 hours one night (thank you insomnia!) picking out the perfect decals and figured I would just pick up a can of paint at the hardware store up the street. But of course, the hardware store up the street only sells death paint from China. Fortunately there is this remarkable stuff called Milk Paint. It is non-toxic, environmentally friendly, non-odorous, and completely safe even if licked by a precocious 14-month old. Unfortunately, it made my on-the-cheap table not quite so cheap anymore. But, she won't grow a second head, and that's what is important--right?

So, check out the final product. I am thrilled with how it turned out.


Check out the bottom of the table legs. That would be the paper I layed down to protect the floor that is now permanently stuck. Any ideas how to get it off?

13 comments:

meganastone said...

I've been waiting to see the table since Grandma O'Brien told me about it. I love it. Can I pay you to make Ruby one? =)

on the verge said...

I love the table! I would like a grown-up one for me, please!

aileen said...

I *LOVE* it! Can I also pay you to make Caleb one? Maybe in a green color.

JAMS' HOUSE said...

Love the table. Annmarie would very much to like to color all over it.

JM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JM said...

Why are the flies on the table poo'ing?

Maryellen said...

Great job Lady!!!

Ave said...

The table and chairs look awesome. Norah is a lucky girl!

Kristy said...

I love it!!!! So where did you get the decals from?

Jennifer said...

You did a GREAT job with the table. I am sure she will be enjoying it for years to come.

I bet the IKEA people have made a fortune selling that bistro set (among other things) - practically every family I know with small children has this set . . .as do we.

Jennifer said...

I LOVE the table - great idea! Wet the paper and perhaps it'll come off.

Jennifer said...

I LOVE the table - great idea! Wet the paper and perhaps it'll come off.

Jennifer said...

I LOVE the table - great idea! Wet the paper and perhaps it'll come off.