Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Real Birthday

Norah's actual one year birthday was on Sunday. Just like the day she was born, it was hot. Unbearably hot. I hope this isn't a trend that continues every year because man, I can't take it. She started the morning by opening a few gifts. She's naked because it was SO HOT.



Around here I am in charge of getting the stuff that Norah needs, including but not limited to, food, diapers, clothes, toys, bath necessities.... the list goes on and on. BVZ is a great dad but I don't think he's ever actually purchased anything for her (unless of course he is sent to the store with specific instructions). I told him that I didn't want to be the kind of family where the mom always finds really special gifts for the kid and the dad just puts his name on the card, so he was in charge of getting her a birthday gift from HIM. I didn't want to know what he was getting her, so I was as surprised as she was when he busted out a little baby basketball hoop. It is very cool. I have very cute pictures of them playing with it but I am forbidden from posting them because he too doesn't have a shirt on (again, it was HOT). I don't think he's ever forgiven me for the elliptical pictures, so I have to watch it. I will get shots of everyone playing basketball fully clothed soon, I promise.

The cake was a big hit.






We had big plans to take her to the park, but our faces would have melted off like the bad guy at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark, so we decided to find a place with air conditioning. As a result, the better part of Norah's first birthday was spent at Target. We walked around with icey Starbucks drinks and she got a cup of ice. She loved it.

Then we walked up the street to Hola's for dinner, but it was just as hot there as it was in our house. So, project Cool Off was a big fail on that front, but at least we made an important discovery--our girl LOVES refried beans.

4 comments:

Maryellen said...

I love how happy Norah looks when she sees her birthday cake. She's such a sweetie!

aileen said...

loves refried beans?? no wonder she was a little choo choo train yesterday... toot toot! Happy Birthday Norah!

The GVZs said...

Aileen--HAHAHAHA, I didn't even make the connection! Of course that's why she was making the floor shake...

Anonymous said...

perfect!! just a diaper on, sit her on my lap my hand in her diaper gently stroking her warm, wet, soft, bald, puffy baby p---y, watch her kick like mad to baby orgasm then suck my fingers to taste her c--t, mmmmmmmmmm soon be ready to lick for real my c--t until 13 then she will be too old for me