Thursday, July 16, 2009

Grammy

Grammy is in town for the month taking care of Norah (I am back to work). They are thick as thieves and I am not sure how I will ever be able to separate them. Grammy insists on riding in the back seat of the car with Norah whenever we go anywhere (believe me, even the 'Driving Miss Daisy' references haven't deterred her), and they have very spirited conversations, usually at my expense. Here is an example:

Norah: Dah! Dah! Dah! Dah! [This is Norah speak for 'dog']

Grammy: Oh, I know you LOVE dogs. Dogs are so great.

Norah: Dah! Blah, blah, blah, mama, blah.

Grammy: What? Oh no, that can't be. Please tell me you are kidding!

Norah: Hgeuiwr iougfioggfog. Dah. Dah. Quack, quack, weoiufjigofnhgoffh.

Grammy: Oh my precious Norie, that's just awful. I can't believe that even though you love dogs more than anything else in the entire world, THOSE people won't get you one. Just terrible!

Norah: Dah! Dah!

Grammy: Oh Norie, don't you worry. You have a mean old mom and dad, but Grammy loves you sooooo much and thinks you should have a dog of your very own.

Norah: Dah! Dah! Dah! Daaaaaaaaah!

Grammy: Norah Bear, you and me are going to start a petition and then we'll get lots of people to sign it and then they will HAVE to get you a dog!

Norah: Quack, quack, quack, quack!

Grammy: Dogs for everyone!

We are not dog people. We are barely cat people. Grammy, stop putting ideas into her very large (90% people) and impressionable head!

3 comments:

Maryellen said...

That's the funniest dialogue ever! I love it that Norah quacks.

aileen said...

Maybe you can teach Loretta how to bark. :)

Ave said...

Norah's Grammy and Lilah's Grams are cut from the same cloth. My mother does the exact same thing, about pretty much everything. I feel your pain.