Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Norah and I are loving having BVZ around so much these days and are taking advantage of being able to go out to dinner (I love going out to dinner on weeknights). Usually we just walk up the street, but tonight it was raining, so we drove to get Chinese food. After stuffing ourselves with fried tofu, we found ourselves in a torrential downpour. We were parked kind of far away, so I ran to the car and Norah and BVZ walked about a block (under an overhang) to a place where I could pull up and throw them both in.

When we met up again they were both kind of shaken up. Apparently, while walking BVZ ran into a spider web, which got on his face. Then he looked down and there was a spider on his shirt. Now, BVZ hates spiders. HATES them. He has been known to cower in his 6'3 glory and make his 5'5 wife climb on a chair to get any that happen to be in the house. This is how the conversations went:

Me: What happened to you guys?
BVZ: Dude, I ran into a freaking spider. A SPIDER! A FREAKING SPIDER!
Me: Are you okay?
BVZ: What do you mean am I okay? Of course I am not okay. I RAN INTO A SPIDER.
Me: Did you scream?
BVZ: Um.
Me: Did you scream?
BVZ: OF COURSE I SCREAMED.
Me: Like a little girl?
BVZ: LIKE A LITTLE GIRL.

Apparently he startled some old lady walking behind them. As I was buckling Norah into her car seat I asked her what Daddy did and she did what is quite possibly the funniest thing she has ever done. I made her do it again as soon as we got home. It wasn't as good. But still freaking funny.

11 comments:

Natalie said...

Classic. Just classic. I too like to go out to eat on week nights. We do it a little too often actually. Tonight we went to Jason's Deli. Kids eat free on Wednesday. Nothing wrong with feeding a family of 3 for $14.

Isabelle Baeck said...

Beyond hilarious... seriously though, spiders are freaky!

Kristy said...

That is so funny. I just laughed out loud. Although I've never met BVZ, I believe he would get along so well with my husband. Too funny!

Cam said...

OMG thank you for the great laugh!!

JAMS' HOUSE said...

I heart Norah.

meganastone said...

I asked her before her nap today and she's still doing it. Thanks for the fun BVZ!

on the verge said...

Oh my god that is funny! Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

That was beyond fantastic, still haven't stopped laughing

Sharon said...

Hysterical! I had to watch it a few times because I couldn't get enough! So cute Norah.

Jennifer said...

oh, that is hilarious!!

Maryellen said...

Hahahahah!!!! I can only imagine how that was the first time Norah did it because that time was hysterical!