Monday, November 02, 2009

The Blaster

I have made pancakes for Norah many, many times. Always with whole wheat flour, sometimes with wheat germ, usually with flax seed. She has never really been a fan. At the grocery store in the egg department I always see Batter Blaster, the pancake mix in a can. It was on sale the other day, so I figured it couldn't hurt to try. I whipped up a batch (no mess, no fuss). Unfortunately, they are really, really, really disgusting. Chewy and rubbery and pretty much tasteless.

So, of course, Norah loves the blaster pancakes. Can't get enough of them. On Sunday morning she ate three medium sized pancakes. For a kid who considers three spoonfuls of yogurt and a handful of carpet lint a balanced meal, this is huge.

As an aside, the blaster is sitting atop a book I made the tragic mistake of buying a few weeks ago. I have had to resort to hiding it, because when Norah catches sight of it we have to read it 9,000 times. In a row.

2 comments:

Cam Bowman said...

Ahhh the Blaster. I made the mistake of buying it at Costco for pure ease. Yes, they are foul. Maybe I should try it again for Emma since she's on the same diet and sleep pattern as Norah!

JAMS' HOUSE said...

The book, we hide it too.