Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hopped Up On Goof-Balls

This afternoon Norah took an afternoon nap. For 2 hours and 15 minutes. IN HER CRIB. This has never, in the history of Norah GVZ, ever happened. We thought it was cause for a serious celebration so we walked up to Hola's for dinner. Norah polished off half an order of guacamole and a whole lot of rice and beans. I polished off a delicious pomegranate margarita. For some reason (I blame the margarita) I decided that after dinner we should get Norah a soft serve ice cream from Baskin Robbins next door.

Now, this is a kid who has never really had sugar. Sure, she's had licks and tastes of desserts here and there, but even her birthday cake used apples instead of sugar. Why I thought giving her ice cream an hour before bed would be a good idea is beyond me, but I thought she deserved a treat. To say that she loved it is a serious understatement. That kid grabbed her cone and RAN. All over Baskin Robbins. She wouldn't let me touch her cone and literally sucked it down. Once she got about a third of the way through it I thought she had eaten enough (I didn't want to later clean up soft serve puke), so I took it away from her. And we then had our first official toddler freak out.

Luckily the sugar high quickly kicked in and she forgot all about the cone in lieu of tearing up and down the sidewalk outside the ice cream shop. It was hilarious and words can't adequately describe just how adorable she was. The pictures are blurry because 1) they were taken with my phone, and 2) she really was moving that fast.

If I could ply her with ice cream every night I would (don't worry, I won't).




2 comments:

aileen said...

If only you had your flip video camera!

on the verge said...

Uh-oh, the addiction to uppers runs in the genes. Just this past weekend Mama was fondly remembering her days in the '80s when Dexatrim was still on the market. Since it's been banned from store shelves, she's had to rely on about 3 espressos a day instead.