Friday, March 13, 2009

Hannibal the Cannibal

We are currently in teething hell. Norah got her first tooth (bottom) about a week ago, and for the past couple of nights the other bottom one and the two on top are trying to make an appearance as well. She's miserable. There has been a lot of crying around here and today we had a contest to see who could scream the loudest (I am louder, but she has more endurance).

For a while now, Norah has been able to give 'kisses' which basically amounts to her sucking and/or slobbering on the side of my face. Lately when she gives me a 'kiss' she also tries to bite. Like that scene in Silence of the Lambs when Hannibal Lector escapes from his jail by eating the face of the guard. No fava beans around here.

6 comments:

Maryellen said...

Awesome. Norah is probably too young for fava beans and chianti.

I love that picture of her...cute little biter.

Button said...

I'm thankful Griffin didn't get teeth until after he was weaned!

On the duckytub tip, they are cheap and pretty easy to clean. But it's not like I'm scrubbing it out on a daily basis, just real hot water and soap when it needs it. There's a suction cup on the bottom that you stick to the side of the tub wall when you're not using it. We think it's totally worth the $15 and we're saving a ton on water since we're only filling up the duck. Also, they deflate for travel.

Maryellen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The GVZs said...

Mare, where did your comment go?? I TOTALLY think she looks like Mel! That's awesome.

Maryellen said...

I'm so happy you thought that was funny. It's just the expression she's making in that particular picture that reminded me of Mel.

I was worried other people might read my comment and think I was picking on Norah.

Norah is adorable. Mel is a stalker...but hilarious.

Jennifer said...

OK - I admit it - I am so out of the loop - Who is Mel?