Saturday, June 01, 2013

My Girl

There's been a lot of activity around here lately...pre-K graduation, ballet recital, etc. so there are several posts forthcoming, but I didn't want this little gem to get lost in the shuffle...

Often times when I take a shower, Norah will want to hang out with me in the bathroom.  She gets bored after about 15 seconds and will usually ask to play a game on the ipad.  She has a handful of phonics games that she likes, but we both quickly realized today that she has outgrown them and needs to move on.  There is one in particular that has some dumb talking monkey that shouts positive affirmations when you correctly complete the task.  The monkey lets you pick a 'sticker' every time you do something right.  Norah was zooming through the game and would get a sticker literally every 15 seconds.  She got one for every little thing, even just correctly identifying a letter, to the point where we both thought it was silly and ridiculous.  


Hours and hours later, we were at cousin Megan's piano recital and we had to take a potty break.  As she was doing her business she started to laugh.  I asked her what was so funny and she said, "I bet if that dumb monkey was here I would get a sticker just for wiping my own butt."

Totally inappropriate on several levels and yet I laughed out loud for a good five minutes.  I love this kid and her sense of humor (that's apparently exactly like mine), more than anything in the whole wide world.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Try endless alphabet if you don't have it. It's free and a really fun word game!

aileen said...

I love her (and your) sense of humor!

JAMS' HOUSE said...

This is a gem.