Monday, August 08, 2011

Blind Sided

I am very, very, very near sighted. Like, can't see the number on the clock on my bedside table kind of near sighted. My glasses have always had to be pretty thick, so I prefer contacts. I probably wear my contacts 99.9% of the time. When I was a kid I always worried about getting stranded on a deserted island because for sure there wouldn't be any contact solution.

About 4 days ago I was playing with Lou and he reached up and grabbed my eye. Yay for his fine motor skills, but not so good for the inside of my eyelid which he managed to scratch. The next morning I woke up and my eye was pretty much swollen shut. It got progressively worse and so I went to the doctor on Saturday morning and sure enough, the scratch was infected. I got some antibiotic ointment and it's definitely getting much better, but the worst part is that I am not allowed to wear contacts until it's totally healed.

Not to be out done by her brother's attempt to blind me, this morning Norah and I were singing to Louis together and she flailed her arms out for the dramatic finish, and....punched me right in the face, sending my glasses flying. Of course the frames broke. BVZ had to make an emergency run to the store for Krazy glue while I seriously contemplated fixing the frames with duct tape and driving Norah to school that way. Unfortunately it will probably be a few more years before something like that is appropriate payback.

The culprits (lucky for them they're cute):




1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Nothing wrong with duct tape...that's what holding my frames together (remember the ones I broke at your house?) Classy huh? Good thing I never leave the house in them.