Wednesday, June 15, 2011

So Far So Good

This morning Norah and I went to her school to meet her teacher, get her acclimated to the room, and fill out paperwork (oh yeah, and pay her tuition. Preschool is highway robbery around here, but that's a rant for another day). We were both pretty nervous and neither of us slept well last night. After waking up she asked to cuddle in "the big bed" for a bit and then wanted to hold Louis. I took my new favorite picture.

We got to school at 9:00 and after checking out her classroom with her cubby, Norah was introduced to her teacher (Renna) and met a few of the kids in her class (there are only 7 of them this summer, but there are 12 once the school year starts). As predicted, she was very quiet and shy and held on to both me and Bear as though her life depended on it. Renna was very gentle and kind and within just a few minutes had Norah exploring the outside play structure and making castles in the sandbox. I left her in the sand to go deal with the business side of things and although she had big eyes for a minute there, it was no big deal when I left.

I came back about a half hour later and she was still happily playing in the sand. She told me she didn't want to leave, but when I told her we needed to get to Ruby's she jumped up and said, "let's go, let's go." We will see if she is as confident when she knows I am actually leaving her there on Monday. I am grateful she felt as comfortable as she seemed to be, and I hope this confidence continues. We shall see.

No comments: