Sunday, February 07, 2010

The Perfect Song

I randomly ran into this song on a blog I accidentally found the other day. I tracked it down and this is the only version I could find on You Tube. Apparently, it is from the Yo Gabba Gabba soundtrack, which I immediately ordered off of Amazon (the song itself is Bedtime Lullaby by Mark Kozelek). I think it is the perfect song. Every time I hear it I get a lump in my throat. Along with the accompanying cartoon about a mouse who goes on a rocket ship adventure, for me it represents everything that is pure, good, and just plain right about childhood.

1 comment:

on the verge said...

Wow -- Mark Kozelek was the lead singer of "The Red House Painters," this SF band I was into during my deep dark high school days of bad poetry writing, black nail polish, and finding depressed singer/songwriters moving to distraction. He's writing lullabys now? Go figure.