Wednesday, January 13, 2010

San Jose Children's Museum

On Saturday we had a GVZ adventure at the San Jose Children's Museum. It is a hands-on, interactive space for kids and Norah really enjoyed herself.

The most popular exhibit by far is 'Water Works' which is a series of centrifuges, air pressured pipes, fountains, and drains. The kids wear stinky little raincoats and go nuts throwing balls into the mix.




The exhibit is much bigger and more dramatic, but I couldn't take pictures of the whole thing because I had to constantly rescue Norah from bigger kids who mowed down anyone and everyone in their way. (As an aside, some kids are just assholes, and at that age, it's 98% the parents' fault, so I try to cut the kids some slack).

Thankfully, the museum's second floor is designed exclusively with the under 4 crowd in mind, and it was a little more Norah's speed. She went shopping at the produce market, made a pizza, and then rang everything up at the cash register.

Our favorite part was the toddler space with all kinds of science-y exhibits (if BVZ knew I referred to something as science-y, he would kill me. Good thing he never reads this blog....), giant building blocks, dress-up, etc. Norah and I built a castle--that she promptly knocked down.




This was the 'forest' with a quiet reading tree.


There was a fun bubble exhibit that Norah was really into it, but I didn't get any pictures because I was too busy turning her upside down to shake out all the soap she ingested.

1 comment:

k-dog studios said...

looks like fun. i think we might head there on wed since it's supposed to rain all week. I wanted to go before the holidays swooped in, and oh yeah, the baby came, but it just didn't happen. btw...it's suzy.