Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wedding Shoes and Dinosaurs

I had a hard time finding appropriate shoes for my wedding. My dress was an off-ivory color and I am cheap, so I refused to spend much on a pair of shoes I knew I would only wear once. So, I was pretty limited in my options. I finally settled on a pair that met my criteria, but they were so uncomfortable that I took them off 15 seconds after the ceremony and wore sparkly flip flops the rest of the time. See:

Don't we look relaxed! And thin! And BVZ has way more hair!

Anyway, a few days ago Norah found my wedding shoes in the back of my closet and has been wearing them around. I got this video of her trying them on, but there are two unexpected bonuses: 1) she throws a fit when I take them away, and 2) she does her dinosaur routine. (A friend gave us a DVD of the Laurie Berkner band and Norah and Ruby love to act out the song like the kids in the video. The DVD came with a CD, and it gets a lot of play around dinnertime. A lot of marching is involved. Pay close attention to 'we stop and eat our food' and 'we stop and take a rest.' Oh, and don't miss the roar at the end. It's the best part).

4 comments:

aileen said...

Oh Norah! You are just so awesome!

JAMS' HOUSE said...

Love the pic of you and BVZ.

And N and AM should really have a shoe party.

Unknown said...

Janet, You and Brian look smashing.

Norah, you always crack me up.

Maryellen said...

I LOVE that picture of you and BVZ on your wedding day. Beautiful.

I also LOVED Norah's video. She's so fun and funny.