Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

I love fall. I love all things pumpkin flavored. I especially love the cool weather. COOL WEATHER WHERE ARE YOU? Global warming is seriously killing me. All I wanted to do was lay under the ceiling fan in Norah's playroom today (okay, what I really wanted to do was go to the air conditioning movies by myself, but whatever), but it is pumpkin season and so to the patch (Webb Ranch) we went.

BVZ and Norah are not convinced this is a good idea. I think it is because they are sweating.

But as soon as she caught sight of the baby pumpkins it was game on (I took a lot of pictures. They were all cute. So, I am posting them all. Feel free to scroll quickly).












There was a petting zoo with pony rides. If you can call ponies (and two donkeys) who walk around in a circle a pony ride...

Next to the pony rides was a petting zoo. BVZ made a beeline for it and I said no way. Chickens, ducks, goats.... oh my. But this is the face Norah made when she saw the animals.

Crap. So, we paid $7 and went in. There was a cow.


And chickens. Yikes.

And Norah's favorite... ducks!

A goat.

And a cute little pig who rubbed himself inappropriately against the fence.

Rabbits.



I was a little afraid she was going to try and give the animals hugs like she does with Loretta. But she held back. She liked to watch, but got a little startled when one would come right up to her.

After furiously scrubbing her hands with baby wipes we headed down the hill to the main patch. We each picked out our own pumpkin.


Norah tested them out by patting, slapping, and (twice) licking the pumpkins.





When she found the one she wanted, she sat on it.


And then insisted on pushing the cart.

No pumpkin patch trip is complete without a shot on a bale of hay. So, here you go.


It was fun. But too damn hot. Can we all please do our part to stop the consumption of fossil fuels. Please?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

These pictures are just adorable!! Norah looks like she is just having a grand time.

We tried to go to the pumpkin patch yesterday but it was just tooo crowded. We plan to try again next weekend . . . Stephen is not excited.