Friday, June 05, 2009

Where's Your Monkey?

Norah's BFF Ruby is obsessed with balloons. Her mom has to buy her one at the grocery store because she loves them so much. When you ask Ruby where her balloon is she points to it, claps, and squeals with laughter. I decided to test Norah today to see what she can identify. I asked her where 'mama' was and she looked at me blankly. I asked her where 'dad' was and got nothing but crickets. I asked her where 'cat' was and she sort of rolled her eyes and looked in Loretta's general direction. I then asked her where 'monkey' was and she immediately grabbed her stuffed monkey and gave it a big hug. I thought it was a fluke and made her do it several times. I then moved the monkey around the room and she found it every single time. She may not know her parents, but my little genius knows her monkey!

1 comment:

Maryellen said...

I am genuinely impressed!