Thursday, June 04, 2009

The Biggest Lovey Of Them All

For months now I have been trying to get Norah to take a lovey. She has expressed interest at different points in time in: Pancho the Cow, Prudence the Monkey-Owl, Curious George, a soft blanket with tags, an empty face wash bottle, a wash rag, and her pink and green shoe. However, the interest is short lived and she has yet to find something to consistently give her comfort. I was complaining about this to friends yesterday and after hearing their input I realized that Norah DOES in fact have a lovey! Her lovey is a very tired 33 year old lawyer with a big mouth and an inappropriate sense of humor. I think the reason that we can't get her to sleep on her own is because her lovey doesn't fit in the crib with her. Part of me thinks we need to wean her from this lovey, but a bigger part of me thinks that there will be plenty of years she'll want nothing to do with me, so I should take advantage of what I've got when I've got it.

This picture really doesn't have anything to do with this topic, but there is something wrong with my camera cord and so I have to rely on posting pictures I take with the iphone. This is her new triumphant stance. She stands on her own in the middle of the room for about 95% of the day now. She won't take a step though. She's a huge chicken. It probably doesn't help that I call her chicken and make taunting clucking noises at her.

2 comments:

Maryellen said...

Very sweet. Maybe you could get a doll and put your picture on it. Just kidding. That would be weird.

Isabelle Nicolas Bäck said...

June's lambie lovey suddenly seems soooooooo lame...