Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Champagne Wishes and Caviar Dreams....

Malibu makes me think of none other than Robin Leach and his Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. It is just that gorgeous. We headed down south in early April for Vanessa's graduation from Pepperdine Business School. Although Pepperdine is smack dab in the middle of Malibu, we slummed it Friday night in West Hollywood. Celebrating Vanessa's new Brazilian heritage, we had dinner at this incredible place I will never remember the name of. It was as traditional as you can get in LA, with waiters walking around non-stop trying to get you to eat their delicious cuts of meat. It was a vegetarian's worst nightmare and I can't wait until we get to go again.

Here is Vanessa with her 'rents:


And a terrible picture of what was the glory that was that meat!

Saturday was the actual graduation, and although very warm, it was a fun family event and a great way to recognize Vanessa's 2 long years of very hard work.




She was hard to spot in the crowd, but I found her name in the program!

After the ceremony we got a tour of the Pepperdine campus. Seriously, who could study in a place this beautiful? I couldn't get over all of the gorgeous views.



We headed to the beach in Malibu for lunch--a place where the calamari is served in giant martini glasses has to be good....

And then we got to walk on the beach....


The next morning, BVZ and I went to the famous Canter's deli for breakfast. I had the pancakes, and BVZ had a pastrami sandwich. At 8:00 am. I also ordered a 'side' of watermelon, and this is what was served....

Awesomeness. All in all it was a fabulous weekend. I wish someone we knew graduated from paradise every week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm floored that my graduation got an entire blog entry! I feel like a movie star. So glad you guys came down for the weekend! Good times.