At two-and-a-half, Lou is part monster, part cherub (I would say 90%/10%). Despite his energy and ahem, high spirited nature, every day I get to be around him is a better day for sure.
Here are some of my current favorites:
- He has named each one of his 4,000 cars and trucks. His current faves are "Bigfoot," "Little Purple Car," "Trevor Green Tractor," "Sharky," and "Big Mama Cow Truck."
- He likes to pretend to be Norah's pet dog.
- He loves popcorn but insists upon calling it "Acorns."
- He has a chronic whining problem but has been getting better since I have started telling him that "my ears close when you whine and don't open until you use your big boy voice." During one of his less gracious tantrums he marched to the bathroom drawer, grabbed a q-tip, and told me, "here, open your ears!"
- When I wake him up on school mornings he will bury his head in my neck and ask, "is it honey sunshine time?" (the name of his favorite cereal)
- He LOVES cows in all shapes and forms.
- He would take a "relaxing bubble bath" all day every day if I let him.
- His favorite books right now are "Monster Trucks" and "The Night Before Kindergarten.
I can't even imagine what three will bring.